On behalf of the Graduate Student Council (GSC),
we’d like to welcome you to MIT!
To help you acclimate to life on campus, we’re organizing social, academic, and informational events for 2020 Graduate Student Orientation. We're starting with online information sessions and when possible, we'll adapt our activities and communications to suit the needs and policies on acceptable health and safety practices.
For incoming graduate student, their department graduate administrator is their main contact for institute and program compliance. MIT's graduate orientation is unique in that current MIT graduate students host the program to give incoming graduates their perspective and basic information on life at MIT.
To start the Grad Orientation Committee has been setting up a webinar series hosted by the current grads and various MIT offices. See Pre-campus Programs tab for more details and links to recordings for:
- Grad Housing (On-and off-campus) webinar
- MIT Medical/ International Students Office webinars
- Graduate Student Council webinar
Virtual Incoming Student and Alumni Meetup Events 2020
The MIT Alumni Association's Regional and International clubs hold events to welcome students to MIT.
Events will continue to be added through August, so please check this link for updates.
Please add the following calendars to your Google, Apple, or Outlook calendar. They will be an important means of communication throughout your MIT experience:
- GSC Orientation Calendar (Add to Google Calendar | Add to Outlook or Apple Calendar)
- GSC Orientation - ASA Groups Calendar (Add to Google Calendar )
- GSC Orientation - Housing Group Calendar (Add to Google Calendar )
- Individual Graduate Dorm calendar(s) (Add your dorm calendar)
- GSC Events Calendar (Add to Google Calendar | Add to Outlook or Apple Calendar)
- For Spouses & Partners events (Check Spouses & Partners events Calender) ( MS+PC LCE Monthly event flyer)
The above links will open your calendar app and ask whether you want to subscribe to the respective calendars. These calendars will be added separately from your personal calendar, and can be easily toggled or removed. Once the calendars are added, your calendar app will automatically discover new events for the rest of your stay at MIT! For more information and FAQs, click here.
Want a sample of grad life now? Check out the Office of Graduate Education's MIT GradLink on Facebook or Twitter or the circle back to the ongoing entries in Grad Admissions Blog. Once you arrive on campus you will be receiving the weekly GSC Anno, our weekly newsletter – a briefing on graduate activities.The Anno entries are also posted on the GSC calendar .